What to do in Bormio during Summer
What to do in Bormio in summer: bike, trekking, golf, cultural events
Discover here some of the best activities you can do in Bormio and its surroundings during summer
What to do in Bormio in summer? The area is wonderful in this season. Many outdoor activities, to let yourself be conquered by the natural beauty of the Stelvio National Park, or to discover the history of the town, with various typical food&wine tasting and cultural events.
A must experience, throughout the year, are also the thermal baths. With its 3 spas, Bormio is one of the best spa resorts in the Alps, where you can relax and enjoy many outdoor pools on sunny days.
If you are looking for ideas and advice on summer activities in Bormio and in the nearby valleys, this is the right place.
As true lovers of our territory, here are some ideas for your holiday.
Discover the beauties of the Bormio area and book your stay
Summer in Bormio means bikes and great passes, which can be experienced thanks to the adrenaline of two wheels. The Alpine Passes, such as the Stelvio and the Gavia, will be closed to cars and opened exclusively for cyclists, in the programme ENJOY STELVIO VALTELLINA.
Here the summer 2023 calendar:
– Stelvio Pass: 18 June / 2 September
– Gavia Pass: 3 June / 14 July / 3 September
– Cancano Lakes: 17 June / 21 July / 1 September
– Mortirolo Pass: 16 June / 15 July
And for those who want to challenge themselves, there are many races hosted every year in Bormio for road cyclists and MTB lovers.
Among the things to do in Bormio in the summer there is also trekking. For those who love to enjoy nature in a slow way, to discover the spectacular scenery of the Stelvio National Park, there are many and varied choices of paths to walk. Different adventures, for all levels, from experts to families.
Among the walks suitable for everyone, we recommend:
– Pedemontana, an easy and mostly flat route, which overlooks Bormio. An enchanted mountain, the larch forest and splendid views of the Magnifica Terra;
– Cancano Lakes, a flat walk around two beautiful green Alpine lakes, to be covered on foot or by bike and with the possibility of a picnic break and barbecue in the dedicated areas;
– Val Viola with an appetizing stop at Rifugio Caricc, one of the most evocative valleys of the whole territory, beautiful in every season;
– Val Zebrù, wild, sometimes harsh, but always spectacular. Many ancient wooden houses and the flavor of an authentic mountain, an ideal route for everyone up to the Campo refuge. For the more expert and daring, an excellent starting point to get to the Quinto Alpini, the famous refuge with a yellow roof;
For golf lovers it will be a joy to know that in Bormio there is one of the best mountain golf courses of all Italy, which develops its 9-hole course.
Located in a sunny area, it is a jewel nestled in the mountains and offers a breathtaking panorama. From here you can see some of the most iconic mountains in the area: Tresero, La Reit and Vallecetta, where in winter there is the Stelvio Ski Slope.
Not just sports and outdoor activities! Bormio is in fact an ancient County, which has its roots in centuries of history. You can breathe it in the historic center, which hosts cultural events every summer.
There are various guided tours also in English of the churches and courtyards organized in the summer, as well as typical food and wine tasting and traditional events, such as the alpine choirs that enliven every Saturday in July and August.
On the other hand, the Venere in Musica (Venus in Music) program is unprecedented, 4 appointments with the classical music of the Antonio Vivaldi Orchestra of Milan at the Piazza del Ginnasio, on 7 July, 11 August, 1 and 15 September.
And also, outdoor cinema, concert at dawn in the mountains and many other emotions!